Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The


So, this is what I have been up to. My daughter and I built a few raised beds this year to raise more of our own food. It has turned out very pretty. My photography skills don't quite show how pretty this garden really is. I am drawn to my garden daily and love to sit here and relax. My backyard still needs a lot work, but this part is amazing.


My tomatoes are doing great. As you can see I am even getting some red tomatoes. I do have a two-legged critter that keeps eating the ripe tomatoes before I can get them. I may have to set a trap and catch him.


These are the critter's favorite tomatoes.

Some friends who live close gifted me these raspberries. It took us awhile to find the right spot so we weren't sure if they would make it, but they have done amazing. The have produced a few raspberries all summer long. I'm going to miss this variety when I get moved.

One of my squash plants. I can't tell from the picture which one. When I planted my squash I spread them out throughout the garden and then forgot to write down what I planted where. We now have mystery squash until they get big enough for me tell what they are. This could be an acorn squash. What do you think.


I don't remember the name of this bush. Anyone out there know and want to help a girl out? Leave the name in the comments if you do. I love this. The bush gets covered in these beautiful flowers. Another plant I will miss when we move.

My peppers are putting on fruit. Woohoo. These poor plants have had a hard time. I'm not sure what has been going on but I am thankful for the peppers.


The pear tree. It is so loaded.
I didn't get all the wild blackberry bushes cut down in the spring so we are enjoying a few blackberries now. I would love to have blackberries growing but thornless and contained. These take over everything.

I am so excited about my spaghetti squash. In all my years of gardening I have never grown squash. I don't know why.

Another favorite squash, Delicata. This one is ready to harvest and eat. I can hardly wait.

This is a patio apple tree. It grows in a column. It is going with me to Montana when I go. There are five apples on it this year.

Another dwarf apple tree. This one will also go with us to Montana. This one and the patio apple trees are planted in pots so they will be easier to move.

Well, this concludes my garden tour. The tomatoes continue to ripen, the peppers are getting bigger. The cabbage is making heads and I just have to wait. In the meantime I will continue to supplement from the local u-pick to put up for winter and dream of the day when I will be in Montana and raising all my veggies and some of my fruit.

Have a Blessed day,
Beth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment